– RaspberryPi + SD card
– USB to RS232 (optional) PTT can be connected to RPi GPio pin
– USB sound card
– Power supply, RPi-RPi2 5V 2A, RPi3 5V >2A
– Base or handheld radio (Amateur, PMR, CB)
- Download FRN4Pi image for your Pi model.
- Format SD card to FAT32 file system.
- Write FRN4Pi image to SD card – WIN32 Disk Imager
- Put card in Pi and connect wires. (display – optionally, USB to serial – optionally, USB sound card, power supply, LAN.)
- Plug power supply in wall socket and wait few minutes to boot.
- Scan your network for Pi IP address – Angry IP Scanner
- Login to FRN4pi via SSH or Webserver (type ip in web browser) and configure it.
Login via SSH – Putty
User = frn
PWD = frnadmin
Login via Webserver:
User = frn4pi
PWD = pifrn
NOTE: Under [ Einstellungen ] / Configuration tab you can import config from Windows FRN-Client. File location: C:/Program Files/FreeRadioNetwork/FRNClient/FRNClient.ini